Today, thousands of people across the United States are taking a stand for their health by participating in National Walking Day.
Will you join us? All you need to do to participate in the movement is ditch your desk and take a 30 minute walk.
There are countless physical activities out there, but walking has the lowest dropout rate of them all. It’s the easiest positive change you can make to effectively improve your heart health. Research has shown that walking for at least 30 minutes a day can help you:
- Reduce the risk of coronary heart disease
- Improve blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Improve blood lipid profile
- Maintain body weight and lower the risk of obesity
- Enhance mental well being
- Reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Reduce the risk of breast and colon cancer
- Reduce the risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2) diabetes